The Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund (“NPF”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information NPF may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.smwnpf.org (its “Website”) and its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information NPF collects:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through any mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- NPF offline or through any other means, or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
NPF collects several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
NPF collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to NPF.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
How NPF Uses Your Information
NPF uses information that it collects about you or that you provide, including any personal information:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from NPF.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your benefit.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on the Website.
- In any other way NPF may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by NPF when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
NPF may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
NPF has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to NPF is stored on its secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where it has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. NPF asks you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although NPF does its best to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. NPF is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
firstname.lastname@example.org or via the toll-free number (800) 231-4622