The Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund (“NPF”) owns this site. The data contained on this site is proprietary to or properly licensed to the NPF or others. It may not be copied, reproduced, duplicated, modified, distributed or disclosed without NPF’s approval. Improper access and use of this website is strictly prohibited and may subject an unauthorized user to criminal and civil penalties, including indemnification to the NPF for loss or damage caused by unauthorized use, including but not limited to copyright or trademark infringement, or unauthorized uploading or postings of any kind.
Limitations on Information
The content of this site, www.smwnpf.org is for general information purposes only and does not constitute advice. NPF tries to provide content that is true and accurate as of the date of writing; however, NPF gives no assurance or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or applicability of any of the contents. All content and information may be changed without notice. The NPF makes no commitment to update the information contained in this site.
Users should not act upon the site’s content or information without first seeking appropriate advice. Further, to the extent there is a conflict between information provided on this site and the actual language of Plan Documents and Trust Documents, the written language of the Plan and Trust Documents shall control. In no event will the NPF be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites.
Caution for Links to External Web Sites
Links to external, or third party websites, are provided solely for visitors’ convenience. You access such links at your own risk. NPF accepts no liability for any linked sites or their content. When you access an external site, keep in mind that NPF has no control over its content.
Personal Information submitted to NPF
The users of this website may submit personal information to the NPF electronically where indicated. The NPF cannot ensure that the data submitted electronically will not be intercepted by third parties, regardless of whether the user selects a web browser with security features. All submission of personal information is at the user’s own risk, and the NPF shall not be liable for any damages therefore, including consequential damages.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by NPF, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate NPF, a NPF employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the NPF or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL NPF, ITS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR TRUSTEEs BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
The NPF name, logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of NPF or its licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of NPF. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Copyright © 2010, 2019 www.smwnpf.org is a publication of the Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund, Fairfax, Virginia.
All rights reserved.